- The most popular
8th of March, 2011New block'em website has been launched. Read more here
19th of January, 2011Blockem 0.3.2 has been released today! Download it from here
It is free, and nobody can beat free
Latest version of Blockem is 0.3.2, released on the 19th of January, 2011. Download blockem for your platform picking a file from the following list:
Version 0.3.2, released on the 19th of January 2011
A few things have changed since 0.3.1:
- Removed "parser error" messages shown at startup when blockem wrongly tries to load a .dtd file as .xml. Blockem will only try to load those files located at $(game-data-folder)/blockem/challenges whose extension is ".xml"
- 4 players game added. All players MUST be humans since there is no AI implemented (yet)
- Pieces of any non-moving players can be hidden from the main view through a menu option. This option can be used to get a bigger board while maintaining the window size
- Fixed error transferring starting coords settings from the "new total allocation game dialog" to the actual game engine
- Fixed error in tar.gz package. Testing .xml files for challenge processing tests had been left out of the package
- Stripped out debug information when compiling without all the DEBUG flags. Binary size has been decreased to less than 10% of the original size under GNU/Linux
Have you found a bug? Have you thought of a new feature you'd love to see in block'em? Drop me an email with any comment you may have (including the negative ones). Alternatively you can file your request in sourceforge.
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them
If you are asking for help in the download page I guess that you don't really know what to download.
What file should I download?
Well, it depends on the OS you are running:
MS Windows: You must choose among the files next to the windows logo, their names always contain the word "win32". Be aware that this application has only been run in Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, any other platform is still untested (it could or it couldn't work)
- "zipped binary" means that all binaries and dlls needed to run blockem are compressed into that .zip file. There is no need to install anything, just uncompress the file into any directory in your filesystem and double click on a file called "blockem.exe".
- GNU/Linux: If you are running a debian based distro (Ubuntu is the most common one) you should download the .deb file, the one described as "debian package". If you aren't, I'm afraid you will have to download the souces and compile them. Get some help about compiling the sources in the developers area.
- Mac OS X: There is no native package for this OS available. You will have to download the sources and compile them. Get some help about compiling the sources in the developers area.
Others: Which pretty much includes every system where GTKmm works. The Written Word offers binary gtkmm packages for quite a few of them: SUN, IBM AIX, SGI IRIX, HP-UX, Tru64 (gcc or the platform compilers)
- If you succeded compiling blockem for a platform that is not GNU/Linux or Windows, please let me know. It hasn't been done yet (not that I am aware of anyway).
Why do Windows files have separate downloads for each language, while the rest of files seem to contain them all?
If you really want to know, you should read the windows section in the compiling the sources area. You will find there an explanation about how i18n is handled in Windows.
No man is ever old enough to know better
I strongly recommend you to download the latest version from the section above: It should be the most stable and most complete one. But if you are still interested in the old versions, here is the list of them:
Version 0.3.1, released on the 29th of October 2010
Version 0.3.0, released on the 16th of October 2010
Version 0.2.4, released on the 28th of August 2010
Version 0.2.3, released on the 19th of July 2010
Version 0.2.2, released on the 21st of June 2010
Version 0.2.1, released on the 24th of May 2010
Version 0.2.0, released on the 13rd of May 2010
Version 0.1.6, released on the 24th of April 2010
Version 0.1.5, released on the 16th April 2010
Version 0.1.4, released on the 9th of April 2010
Version 0.1.3, released on the 4th of April 2010
Version 0.1.2, released on the 26th of March 2010
Version 0.1.1, released on the 19th of March 2010
Version 0.1.0, released on the 4th of February 2010